Just thought I would pass this along, great link!
Keyport, New Jersey)
Mother Earth Recommended . . .[ Member listing ]
29 Oct · Thu 2009
Just thought I would pass this along, great link!
Posted by Sharon @ 09:34 AM EDT [ Comments  ]
21 Oct · Wed 2009
I was recently flipping through a great magazine and came across a little blurb about 1,4-dioxane and would like to share it on the blog roll. There was no author listed on the blurb but I would like to credit whoever wrote it for sharing great info.
In cosmetics, 1,4-dioxane is the byproduct of a chemical process used to soften harsh ingredients. Although the FDA says 1,4-dioxane levels in cosmetics aren't hazardous to consumers, the National Toxicology Agency says even its prescence - even in a trace amount - is cause for concern, and the EPA lists its as a probably human carcinogen.
Research from the Environmental Working Group revealed 1,4-dioxane in many children's bath products. Steer clear of the toxin by avoiding products with the ingredient names that include myreth, oleth, laureth, ceteareth and any other -eth, PEG, polyethylene, polyethylene glycol, polyoxyethylene, or oxynol.
Peaceful Blessings and please read your labels and as always, buy local and organic!!!
Posted by Sharon @ 05:41 PM EDT
13 Oct · Tue 2009
The food additive monosodium glutamate, or MSG, has been linked to many health concersn including migraine headeaches and even hyperactivity in children.
If you see the word "hydrolyzed" in any ingredient list on any food item, the product contains MSG. Some companies try to not use the term MSG and will use other terms such as hydrolyzed and terms from the list below to make their customers think the product is MSG free.
These terms are other hidden sources of MSG -
Autolyzed yeast, calcium caeinate, gelatin, glutamate, glutamic acid, hydrolzed corn gluten, hydrolzyed protein (such as wheat, soy or vegetable protein), monopotassium glutamate, sodium caseinate and textured protein
Please read all product labels and be sure there is not a hidden source if your favorite grocery item. The above are most commonly found in processed and boxed foods.
Posted by Sharon @ 09:06 PM EDT
12 Oct · Mon 2009
By now, all of us with children have at least purchased one sugar pumpkin or jack be little to keep out little one's quiet and yet excited for the Halloween season. But, how many sugar pumpkins can you really have, why not make one of the best and healthiest snacks for your "little monsters" this autumn season and even give them a scare on Halloween!!
How to make oven roasted pumpkin seeds:
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Scoop out the inside of your pumpkin with a heavy spoon.
2. Seperate the seeds from the "goo" and place them in a strainer. My daughter loved doing this for the first time last year, she was covered in pumpkin goo from head to toe! Here's a little trick though, when you plan on carving the pumpkin, bring it inside for at least a few hours before you carve - I say this because the insides are very cold and your little one's hands will get pretty chilly if they are digging around in the pumpkin.
3. Rinse off the seeds and shake off the excess water - best the adult do this, I had seed everywhere last year when my daughter wanted to give it a try.
4. In a large bowl (make sure its a big bowl when the kids do this, seeds tend to get everywhere), toss the seeds with a bit of Grapeseed Oil (my favorite, loaded with Omega-3's) a dash of Sea Salt and other spice you may like. I use Cinnamon and Nutmeg for a pumpkin pie flavor. I also like Cinnamon and Clove. Turmeric, Cumin,Curry and Coriander are great too and if you have someone who loves hot stuff, try a little Cayenne pepper - good but spicy! You can also add a dash of brown sugar to the above spices if your kids have a sweet tooth rather then the salt, also good if you cannot have salt. Of course, you don't have to add any of the above and just roast plain.
5. Spread the seeds evenly on a large greased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Your kitchen will smell so yummy!
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and remove from cookie sheet with a spatula. I like to store them in a glass jar.
What to spook the little monsters . . . tell them they are baked,dried, crusty fingernails from a mummy and leave them around the house on Halloween to give all a scare!!!
We try and save every seed we can so the seeds will last us through the winter and spring. They are a great, healthy and nutritious snack. You can use the pumpkin meat too, there are lots fo recipes online and here in the Local Harvest blogs for making pumpkin soup and pies.
Baking blessings and enjoy!!
Posted by Sharon @ 06:36 PM EDT
09 Oct · Fri 2009
LIST OF VACCINE FILLERS & ADJUVENTSL This list, officially administered by design with every vaccine provided to the public, in addition to the squalene that appears to be in this upcoming swine flu vaccine, is of great concern to many parents and grandparents, with the announcement that they will start vaccinating children and pregnant women first and then “wait to see if there are too many adverse events” (including seizures, neurological problems, and death).
In addition to the viral and bacterial RNA or DNA that is part of the vaccines, here are the fillers:
• Aluminum hydroxide - directly linked to causing Alzheimer's disease
• Aluminum phosphate - directly linked to causing Alzheimer's disease
• Ammonium sulfate - an inorganic chemical compound used as fertilizer and "protein purifier"; known to cause kidney & liver damage, gastrointestinal dysfunctions
• Amphotericin B - an "antifungal disinfectant" and anti-biotic, which damages the urinary tract, bowels, and heart functions
• Animal tissues (a causal element for all the various auto-immune diseases associated with vaccination): horse blood, rabbit brain, dog kidney, monkey kidney, chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg, pig blood, Porcine (pig) pancreatic hyd rolysate of casein (the pig protein/tissue is an additional objectionable issue for Jewish and Muslim people)
• Calf (bovine) serum & fetal bovine serum (cow blood is recognized as a significant transmitter of Mad Cow Disease)
• Formaldehyde - used as "a preservative & disinfectant", known to cause cancer, chronic bronchitis, eye irritation when exposed to the body's immune system
• Human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
• Hydrolyzed gelatin
• Monosodium glutamate (MSG) - now known to cause cancer in humans, also linked to obesity
• Neomycin (anti-biotic)
• Neomycin sulf ate (anti-biotic)
• Phenol red indicator - a highly toxic disinfectant dye, attributed to liver, kidney, heart & respiratory damage
• Phenoxyethanol (antifreeze) - proven to have extreme neurotoxic side effects
• Potassium diphosphate
• Potassium monophosphate
• Polymyxin B
• Polysorbate 20
• Polysorbate 80 – associated with infertility when injected
• Residual MRC5 proteins
• Thimerosal (mercury) - a neurotoxin linked to psychological, neurological, & immunological problems—especially autism. Nervous system damage (such as sub-acute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE), brachial plexitis, post-vaccinal encephalitis, transverse myelitis and peripheral neuropathies), kidney disease, birth defects, dental problems, mood swings, mental changes, hallucinations, memory loss, and inability to concentrate can occur. Symptoms also include tremors, loss of dermal sensitivity, slurred speech, and—in rare cases—even death and paralysis. This additive alone was the catalyst for another recent Class Action Lawsuit organized by mothers of children born with autism & the many related behavioral disorders associated with it. Autism is now occurring at levels never seen before in history; depending on the state, its rate is now 1 in 67 to 1 in 150. The autism rates used to be 1 in 20,000. Mercury may also be associated with the significantly increased rates of senility and Alzheimer’s, which is associated with five or more successive flu vaccinations. Although most mercury (thimerosal) has been removed from children’s vaccines, it is still in all flu vaccines at toxic doses.
• VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells - linked to the SV-40 virus known to cause leukemia
• Washed sheep red blood cells
THESE ADDITIVES ARE GIVEN TO OUR CHILDREN WITHOUT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT.
The more info I receive, the more I will pass on!!
Posted by Sharon @ 04:50 PM EDT
08 Oct · Thu 2009
This week, millions of doses of the vaccine for H1N1 - or swine flu - will
Keeping everyone in the loop - more info to follow as I receive it.
Posted by Sharon @ 07:33 PM EDT [ Comments  ]