I was just reading a great article by Dr. Lynn Jennings, MD and information is fabulous on the swine flu and the vaccinations now available.
These are some suggestions to help protect yourself from acquiring the swine flu:
• Get adequate amounts of rest. Irregular sleeping patterns, inadequate sleep all cause stress on your body and can adversely affect your immune system.
• Wash your hands.
• Maintain a healthy diet. You need to limit your intake of refined sugar and grains. You should also stay away from artificial sweeteners such as saccharin, aspartame and splenda. Eat plenty of green and purple vegetables. The majority of your diet should be vegetables and fruits. The initial phase diet is an excellent start.
• Regular exercise. You don’t have to be a marathon runner. Walking is good. Do what you can. If you cannot walk, arm exercises are good.
• Make sure you are getting adequate amounts of Vitamin D3. A good starting dose would be 5000 units per day until you can have your doctor or health care provider check your 25 hydroxy vitamin D3 level. Recommended levels are 50-70.
• Vitamin C 4000-6000mg daily.
• Zinc citrate 25mg daily
• Selenium 50ug daily
• I would also recommend an iodine supplement (if you are not allergic)
• such as Iodoral 12.5-25mg daily
• Take daily probiotics.
This is good common sense info with some added supplement suggestions, most suggestions can be followed by children and the eldery and are safe for long term use if needed.
There are other natural supplements that can help protect the body too like Colloidal Silver which I offer here in my Local Harvest store. You can read more about it there and if you have any questions, feel free to email me.
Many Blessings and September Greetings!