Pure and Simple Products from Nature[ Member listing ]
29 Apr · Sun 2012
With the weather warming up, it's time to start thinking about your home garden. This year why not plant a few easy to grow herbs for teas and medicinals! Here are some suggestions:
1. Feverfew: Beautiful plant with adorable white flowers. Leaves and flowers can be dried and used as a tea to relieve headaches and migraines.
2. Lemonbalm: Relative of the mint family, so keep it in a container! Amazing lime green serrated leaves can be used fresh or dried in teas, fresh in salads, or used to make antiseptic salve which is great for cold sores! Delightful lemon taste.
3. Calendula: Relative of the marigold family. Large bright orange petals are edible and lovely fresh in salads. Dried it's added to tea for a soothing healing affect for stomach issues, especially irritable bowel syndrom (IBS). Fresh can be applied to wounds and cuts, including open ones, to help heal the skin.
4. Sage: Besides it's culinary uses (fresh or dried) sage makes a wonderful soothing tea. Dried sage can be burned for meditation or metaphysical use. Flowers are also edible.
5. Borage: Borage is a beautiful plant with fury leaves that can be cut up into salads for a crisp cucumber taste, or added to sunteas. The flowers are a beautiful purple blue and look like shooting stars and are lovely in salads.
Make your garden beautiful, edible, and useful this year![Read More]
Posted by Laura & Mike @ 08:56 AM PDT
20 Jan · Fri 2012
This year Owens Acres is going back to basics: Teas, Salves, Lavender, and Herbs. We've already added a half dozen new products and look for more soon![Read More]
Posted by Laura & Mike @ 01:10 PM PST
10 Nov · Thu 2011
Owens Acres products are popular and welcomed holiday gifts and treats! People really appreciate gifts they can use and enjoy! [Read More]
Tags: arnica lavender herbs chamomile headache peppermint tea spearmint flu cold rose arthritis gifts nettle
Posted by Laura & Mike @ 06:22 AM PST
19 Jul · Tue 2011
Lavender harvest is in full swing. Lots of new items at Owens Acres! [Read More]
Posted by Laura & Mike @ 02:41 PM PDT
21 Mar · Mon 2011
First we want to thank Local Harvest customers for choosing Owens Acres products over the last 4 years. You've helped our family farm and business grow, and we like other small farms across the US, appreciate customers supporting our efforts! Local Harvest customers are the best!
We're got lots of big plans for 2011 and you'll see some the products appear here on Local Harvest.
-- New teas and tisanes including a line featuring California dried fruits mixed with our herbs and flowers! A little taste of California in a tea thats perfect for the whole family!
-- By popular demand, more garden herbs in our cute little pot belly jars! We're ready to plant, just waiting on the weather to break!
-- Two or three new salves, including one for sunburn and one for poison oak/sumac/ivy.
-- Mother's Day gift baskets!
So check back often and see what's new!
Posted by Laura & Mike @ 02:55 PM PDT
24 Apr · Fri 2009
Owens Acres announces new CSA offerings for 2009. Pickup will be in Placerville, 1st Sunday of the month. We hope to expand our box offerings to include what's being harvested (tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, etc.) but we want to wait a few more weeks to see how the crops fare.
No minimum subscription required, you can sign up on our website and place an order. We hope you'll enjoy visit our small farm - bring the kids to feed the goats (they love apples), pet the donkey, and run around! Only 5 mins. from downtown Placerville, just past Gold Bug Park.
For questions regarding the CSA's please email or call.
Alternatively, you can pick up your order at the Placerville Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings if that is easier.
Just a note to our customers, we have applied for CCOF certification and are just waiting to hear aye/nay! We'll keep you posted!
Posted by Laura & Mike @ 02:10 PM PDT