If you have enough discipline to never eat processed foods and have done so for most of your life maybe it would be, but most people I know don't fall into that category!
I'm not a big proponent of nutritional supplements but I do think there is a place for them.
The key word is supplement. They should supplement an already good diet to help maintain good health.
Another good use of nutritional supplements is to help you overcome a health issue you may be facing and diet alone isn't getting the results you need to feel better.
Enter - Astaxanthin, the one supplement I believe no one should be without.
The list of benefits from taking Astaxanthin is growing by the day.
There may be no other single natural substance that performs so many beneficial biochemical functions as this little-known carotenoid. Its scope is truly amazing. Here are just some of the ways astaxanthin can positively impact your health, according to the latest research:
*The following was taken from Dr Mercola's Site read the full article here.
- Boosting immune function
- Improving cardiovascular health by reducing C-Reactive Proteins (CRP), reducing triglycerides, and increasing beneficial HDL
- GREATLY protecting your eyes from cataracts, macular degeneration, and blindness (which I will discuss at length below)
- Protecting your brain from dementia and Alzheimer's
- Reducing your risk for many types of cancer (including cancers of the breast, colon, bladder and mouth) by stimulating apoptosis (cancer cell death) and inhibiting lipid peroxidation
- Improving recovery from spinal cord and other central nervous system injuries
- Reducing inflammation from all causes, including arthritis and asthma
- Improving endurance, workout performance and recovery
- Helping to stabilize blood sugar, thereby protecting your kidneys
- Relieving indigestion and reflux
- Improving fertility by increasing sperm strength and sperm count
- Actually helping to prevent sunburn, and protecting you from the damaging effects of radiation (i.e., flying in airplanes, x-rays, CT scans, etc.)
- Reducing oxidative damage to your DNA
- Reducing symptoms from pancreatitis, multiple sclerosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease, and Lou Gehrig's disease, and neurodegenerative diseases.
I started taking Astaxanthin
because I was suffering from severe lower back pain for almost 3 years.
I tried everything chiropractors, stretching, exercise, other
supplements, nothing got me complete relief.
After just 3 weeks of taking Astaxanthin my back pain was totally gone! It has changed my life. No more asking my wife to help me get my shoes on, no more sleepless nights, no more constant pain...I was a new man!
Another benefit I noticed is it is a great natural sunscreen! Contrary to what most dermatologists say, I believe sunshine is good for you.
You don't want to get sunburned but we need sunshine to optimize our vitamin D levels. The research is proving this and most all suncreens you buy in store actaully contain carcinegenics.
I take 8 mg a day and it seems to be enough. If you're going to be in the sun continuously for a long period I would think you may need to take more through the day. Dr. Mercola sells a great natural sunscreen on his site if you are prone to burning.
Dr Mercola has blogged extensively on Astaxanthin. I would urge you to see for yourself if you want all the technical information.
I have had so many friends and family ask me about Astaxanthin that I promised them I would blog about it so they know where to get it.
You can purchase here and receive $5 off your first order! I signed up for their rewards program and receive credits toward my purchases when you purchase products.
Over the next few blogs I'll delve deeper into exactly what I do everyday to maintain optimal health.
My breakfast every morning, foods I refuse to eat, the best dirt for health, all kinds of fun stuff!
Until next time....
PS -Let me know how Astaxanthin improves your life!