The Tonopah Farmers Market invites you to make money for your organization or business at the 2014 Tonopah Farmers Market, by providing produce/food /meals/products/services for purchase to our customers & vendors.
WHY would you consider participating this year?
- · Historically, individuals and organizations that have sold at the TFM have been successful in sales.
- · Your organization will earn a 100% net profit. At best, most other fundraisers offer a 50% profit .
- · The TFM averages several hundred customers each week. This is a great opportunity to advertise for your group or business, share information about your group/business, and/or raise additional funds for your non-profit group by selling raffle tickets or other items at your booth in addition to the food/meals.
- · 2014 is the 9th season for the TFM. It is volunteer led/driven, is known for its integrity and provides a wonderful service to our community.
- · Our survey for the past 8 years shows that most people come to the market for fresh produce and Food (i.e., ready-to-eat)
· What YOU would need to provide:
- · Contact us and request the date(s) you’d like to participate by providing meal items. The 2014 TFM season is Mondays, 4pm – dusk, July 21 - Sept. 29, at the Pocket Park on Hwy 95 in front of the Fire Dept. in Tonopah. Date availability is on a first come/first served basis.
- · Table(s), chair(s), and if possible, a 10 x 10 canopy. A canopy is not mandatory, but will define your space, provide shade and give visual presence to your booth.
- · SIGNS! We can’t say enough about the importance of signage. You should bring a colorful large poster identifies your organization/business. Customers get added value from getting to know where their food is coming from. ALSO – please bring large signs that say what food items you are selling, and their prices.
- · FOOD! You will need to provide read-to –eat food items/meals for purchase for the public. Please insure that these are safe for consumption and handled accordingly.
- · HAND-WASHING! Health Regulations dictate that each food booth have an onsite hand-washing procedure. You can accomplish this by simply providing anti-bacterial hand gel and disposable paper towels for all those who work at your booth. People who handle money should not handle the food unless they first don gloves – OR they need to use the gel every time they handle the money – before touching the food.
· The 10 x 10 market space to sell your food at the TFM will be available to non-profit organizations AT NO CHARGE. Local Gardeners pay $3/week for a 10 x 10 space; Businesses only pay $5/week for a 10 x 10 space.
· The TFM will provide liability insurance for all vendors AT NO CHARGE.
· Please feel free to promote your participation at the TFM to your “fans”, mailing lists and social media networks. We will do the same – for YOU!
To reserve which Market date(s) you'd like to participate at, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-277-0165. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Once we have established which date(s) you'll be attending, I will send you a brief application form.
Thank you for your consideration,
Mary Farris, TFM Market Manager