Welcome to South Florida Summer.Now start eating Tropical fruits high in Nutrition and Medicinal values.
Mango is world wide known as the KING of Fruit Trees.It grows in the Tropics from S.Florida all the way to Africa,Carribean,South America and South East Asia(India-Thailand).In Latin America Indegenous cultures of the Incas and Asztecas,it is a folk medicine known also as the food of the Gods !!
It has either green yellowish,yellowish red or yellowish orange color.It is best picked from the TREE half ripe and eaten ripe .You do not want to squeeze the fruit to test if ripe.Simply smell it.It has a sweat mango smell that no one can miss!
Here is South Florida the Mango season starts in May.It lasts till October.There are many varietis of mango .Chief among them are the :Haitian mango,Edward and much more .....
I eat mango from my garden trees and share some with my neighbors.Locally grown and harvested is the best types of mango to choose from.How do you eat mango?
Best as Fruit salad,pickle,juice,jam,and slightly cooked with rice or your favorite spicy curried vegetables or fish for a zesty and fruity flavor..
What are the nutritional and medicinal values of mango?
Note:You need to check out with your doctor or health professional if you are allergic to mango first , before you consume any.This narration is only for information and you may not use it as alternative to a professional medical prescription or advice.Mango has no medicinal cure nor is it alternative to prescription drugs.
1. Mango Rich in antioxidant Beta-Carotene: . Beta-carotene is a substance in the body that is converted to vitamin A (essential nutrients for the function of the retina). Beta-carotene is also classified as antioxidant, compounds that can provide protection against cancer because it can neutralize free radicals. Free radicals are molecules produced by unstable by the body's normal chemical processes, solar or cosmic radiation, cigarette smoke, and environmental influences others.
2. High in Anti-Oxidant Vitamin C:
Vitamin C content of the mango accounted worthy enough. Every 100 grams of ripe mangoes can be eaten to supply as much vitamin C 41 mg, young mango and even to 65 mg. Means, by consuming 150 grams of ripe mango or mango doll 200 grams (1 / 2 small pieces), the adequacy of vitamin C is recommended for men and women per day (each 60 mg) can be fulfilled.
3. Rich in Minerals especially POTASSIUM and Magnesium :
One study showed that when someone adds a high-potassium fruit into a pattern of daily food, fatal stroke risk can be reduced by 40 percent. Extra consumption of 400 mg of potassium each day can reduce the possibility of getting heart disease and blood vessels.
4. Cancer Prevention:The experts believe Mango is the source of a carotenoid called beta crytoxanthin, the material is good to fight penumpas cancer.
5. Rich in Digestive enzymes and B-vitamins:, health, eyes, mouth, and throat
Acid content of error in the mango is very good for the digestive tract. While its riboflavin content is very good for the eyes, mouth, and throat.
6. Acts as prevention for various diseases
Mango is also potent to help cure various diseases, including dermatitis, flu, asthma, vision problems, bleeding gums, sore throat, inflammation of the airways, shortness of breath and ulcers. It also can handle boils, scabies, eczema, abdominal colic, diarrhea, motion sickness, worms, loss of appetite, vaginal discharge, menstrual disorders, hernias and rheumatism.
7. Mangoes help losing weight and detox blood :It is good as blood cleaner, and to eliminate body odor. Mangoes are considered able to clean the blood flow and reduce excess body heat and cool the body. Besides ,mango is also good to get rid of body odor.
8-Mangos a re rich in fiber that stimulates peristalisis and bowel movement.
9-Mango tea.Try to dry the shell of the mango which is rich in bio-flavanoids .It is cooling and refreshing as the temperature rises in the tropics, cool down with mango tea.
10-Last but not least:Mango is an aphrodisiac for better sexin
Note:Mango in South Florida grows all over.It is abundant and FREE to pick in the wild .Neighbors share the mango fruit if you ask for some , you will never be disappointed !Also,many home owners like to get rid of it rather than having rodents feed on mangos that fall off the ground and attract flies!
Tango Mango???..Or if you need help harvesting your mango tree , pleasegive me a buzz!!!I will be glad to offer FREEHELPING "MYSELF"!