Sorry to bother you twice in one week, but I thought you should see this. Westminster Farmers' Market has some of the best this country has to offer! Read about our vendor Westfield Farm's award winning cheese!
CONGRATULATIONS WESTFIELD FARM!
Massachusetts Cheesemakers Bring Home the 2009 American Cheese Society Awards
The American Cheese Society announced the 2009 American Cheese Society Awards on August 7th in Austin, Texas. Massachusetts farmstead cheese makers Carlisle Farmstead Cheese, Carlisle; Shy Brothers Farm LLC, Westport and Westfield Farm Capri, Westfield fared well in the competition in many categories:
- Soft Ripened Cheeses made from Goat’s Milk - 2nd Place, Carlisle Farmstead Cheese, Ada’s Honor
- Soft Ripened Cheeses with flavor added -3rd Place, Shy Brothers Farm LLC., Hannahbells Shallot
- External Blue Molded Cheeses All Milks - 1st Place, Westfield Farm, Classic Blue Log, 2nd Place, Westfield Farm, Bluebonnet, 3rd Place, Westfield Farm, Hubbardston Blue Cow
- Farmstead Cheeses Goat’s Milk aged 60 days or more- 3rd Place, Carlisle Farmstead Cheese, Greta’s Fair Haven
- Fresh Goat’s Milk Cheeses, flavored with peppers- 1st Place, Westfield Farm, Herb Garlic Capri
The American Cheese Society “applauds all the cheesemakers who work daily to bring the traditions of American made cheese to life, to market and to the largest ACS Cheese Competition to date. “ The American Cheese Society’s goal is to give positive recognition to those cheese that are of the highest quality in their aesthetic evaluation for flavor, aroma and texture, as well as their technical evaluation.
Visit www.MapleHeightsFarm.com to view our fresh local meat products.
Watch www.massfoodcoop.org for a wonderful online local food co-op that is coming to Westminster in April!