Many herbs can safely be used for weight loss and provide a natural way to help you lose those excess pounds. Herbal teas will ease digestive disorders, provide increased perspiration, add bulk and cleanse your body; and increase energy, bringing new vitality to your system. Herbs have no calories or fat. But always keep in mind that weight loss involves changing your whole lifestyle.
One must always begin with eating fresh whole foods and sufficient water consumption. I personally enjoy four to six glasses a day, one of which I swirl in a tablespoon of flaxseed. For those who can’t get down plain water, try adding a squeeze of lemon, lime, or orange juice, or crush up some mint. Eating and living with herbs will bring you a lifestyle that may be more conducive to weight loss. The following list of herbs has been know to aid in weight loss, especially when combined with healthy eating and exercise.
* Alfalfa - this herb is not only nutritious but also filled with essential amino acids for strength, a cleanser and mild laxative which will help keep your intestinal track in top condition. Mixes great with peppermint.
* Cayenne - sprinkle cayenne on your food. It contains an ingredient called capsaicin that stimulates saliva, stimulates digestion and increases your metabolism and fat burning safely.
* Dandelion - A natural diuretic and cleanser with potassium and vitamins. Works gently and naturally to balance your body’s fluids.
* Calendula - Make this calming floral tea to ease digestive disorders and de-stress your stomach lining and bowels.
* Oatstraw - A full body tonic with tons of vitamins and minerals. Adds bulk if taken in capsule form.
* Raspberry - Iced fruit and berry teas will fulfill the need for sweet drinks and sodas- you’ll get fit faster!
* Sage - Helps increase digestive enzymes and stimulates your liver.
* Green Tea - This tea is a natural stimulant with the added benefit of vitamin C and flavoniods (compounds that are antioxidants).
* Ginseng - helps to boost energy and metabolism.
* Yerba mate - A vitality tea with lots of B vitamins to combat stress. This metabolic stimulant will help your body utilize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
Hope you enjoy your herbal slimming teas! Look for these herbs in my local harvest store: Morgan Botanicals. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2009. All rights reserved. Jessica Morgan, M. H., Morgan Botanicals
- The information provided in this article is for informational
purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your
physician or other health care professional. You should not use the
information in this article for self-diagnosis or to replace any
prescriptive medication. You should consult with a healthcare
professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation
program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you
might have a health problem, suffer from allergies, are pregnant or
Jessica Morgan, M.H