Farmer Stacey's Root stew...
- 1 lb of stew meat (the butcher at Lads cut it with the bone in for me either way works)
- Your Turnips quartered
- Your carrots, topped and halved if large
- Your radish, quartered
- Chopped Green onions to taste
- Chopped Garlic Chive to taste
- Bay Leaf
- 2 cups of water or broth (beef or vegetable)
Heat oil on stove in a heavy bottom pan, coat meat with flour. Once oil is hot, add onions and chives. Once the onions have infused their flavor add beef and turn until it's browned. Add root veggies and bay. Slowly add broth until it is well mixed. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook on low for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve over rice or egg noodle pasta.
Please note that I did not add any salt or pepper to this recipe. It was delicious without any seasonings.
This stew can be frozen and used later.