Here are the updated available baby chicken pullet girls by breed - most babies are at four weeks old. i was able to pick up a few welsummers, ameraucanas and marans last minute - they are at two weeks of age.
i will not release the girls until they are at least five to seven weeks of age. this ensures that they are indeed girlygirls and that they have made it through their largest growth spirt in good health.
if you are interested in reserving one of the girls - contact me at email@example.com. a deposit may be required.
* speckled sussex - developed in the county of sussex in the early 19th century. layer of creamy to light brown eggs - 5 babies ( 2 claimed - 3 available)
* dominique - developed in new england in early 19th century. not distinguished from the barred rock until apa standards were developed. most modern dominques may be traced to stock developed by a. q. carter after 1900. layer of brown eggs. - 3 babies (2 claimed - 1 available)
* appenzeller spitzhauben - developed in switzerland centuries ago. layer of white eggs. - 5 babies ( 1 claimed - 4 available)
* golden laced wyandotte - developed in new york state and wisconsin in the late 19th century. layer of light to rich brown eggs.- 2 babies ( 2 claimed - 0 available)
* barred plymouth rock - developed in america in the middle of the 19th century and was first exhibited as a breed in 1869. layer of brown eggs - 3 babies ( 0 claimed - 3 available)
*ameraucanas - south american breed. layer of blue green and tinted eggs. - 3 babies ( 3 claimed - 0 available)
* cuckoo maran - developed in france in the early 20th century. layer of dark chocolate brown eggs. - 3 babies ( 1 claimed - 2 available)
* welsummer - developed in holland in the 20th century. layer of terracotta colored eggs. - 3 babies ( 1 claimed - 2 available)
and a few who are not rare or heritage in breed but are great egg laying birds to add to your flock
* black sex link - is the result of crossing two purebred standard breeds; the rhode island red rooster and the barred rock hen. - 3 babies ( 0 claimed - 3 available)