expansion of the super-d-lovely hippychickenfarmer heritage laying flock is well on
the way. we will soon be adding the below listed lady breeds to our flock.
they, all together, will make for a beautiful family. the information provided aside each breed in found at henderson's chicken breed chart.
- speckled sussex - developed in the county of sussex in the early 19th century. layer of creamy to light brown eggs.
- dominique - developed in new england in early 19th century. not distinguished from the barred rock until apa standards were developed. most modern dominques may be traced to stock developed by a. q. carter after 1900. layer of brown eggs.
- appenzeller spitzhauben - developed in switzerland centuries ago. layer of white eggs.
- cuckoo maran - developed in france in the early 20th century. layer of dark chocolate brown eggs.
- golden lakenvelders - developed in germany in early 19th century. golden lakenvelders are not standard. layer of white to lightly tinted eggs.
- welsummer - developed in holland in the 20th century. layer of terracotta colored eggs.
- blue wyandotte - developed in new york state and wisconsin in the late 19th century. layer of light to rich brown eggs.
- easter eggers - south american breed. layer of blue green and tinted eggs.
already in flock - white leghorn, brown leghorn, red star, black star, silver laced wyandotte, australorp and ameraucauna.
this flock will be special
ladies from around the world
note that it will take several four or five months for these ladies to grow to laying age but once there oh boy! what a range of eggs we will have available to share.
even better we'll be raising breeds rare and in need of saving. we understand the deeper purpose of each and every baby step we take forward.