Greenhouse 2 is well on its way to relocation here at Grow And Share in Zebulon, NC USA.
This past weekend, volunteers Riley E., Mitch A., Craig A., AJ B., and Frank and Kay Whatley took down all of the electrical systems. Heater, fans, and other components have been taken down and readied for the move.
This upcoming Saturday, December 12th, a group of volunteers and the local Crop Mob will be taking down the greenhouse structure and plastic and loading it into trucks. We hope to move all the components to our site by the end of the weekend.
By the following week, re-construction at the new greenhouse site will be underway. The plan is to have the greenhouse re-built and electrical systems re-connected by the end of the year.
We could use a few more volunteers and some support. Please email Grow And Share if you can help us with:
- taking down the greenhouse this Saturday
- access to a large truck for moving the pipes and other pieces
- ASAP this week access to a bob cat to finish smoothing the greenhouse's new site, or donations to help us cover rental costs ($350 for a single day).
- assistance over the next two weeks with re-assembly
- donation of cinder blocks, boards, or heavy wire mesh to construct tables inside the greenhouse
- miscellaneous other help
We thank our generous benefactor for his donation of this wonderful, all-inclusive greenhouse. In January 2010 as the greenhouse is brought online, we will be dedicating it to this kind gentleman and his family. More details on the dedication will be posted at that time.
Posted by Kay
@ 12:37 PM EST