Care of Cut Flower Arrangements
It's so sad to see a beautiful arrangement begin to wilt and droop. Follow these simple rules to make your flowers last longer:
- Get flowers home and into water ASAP
- Rinse the stems, recut, and remove any leaves or blossoms that have fallen.
- Check the water level in the vase and replenish it frequently.
- Keep your vase as clean as a teacup.
- Flowers that go limp are not drinking well and should be recut.
- Always discard wilted blooms.
- Keep flowers away from drafts and direct sunlight.
- Keep flowers away from ripening fruits, which emit ethylene gas, a substance that causes buds to remain closed, petals to have poor color, and flowers to have a shortened vase life.