I have been so busy on the farm and preparing for market days this month that I haven't had time to even think about posting on my blog.
As requested, I'm posting more recipes. Here's one of my family favorites: Marvelous Meatballs, made with local beef from Rus-Men Farms, Galion, Ohio, and Heritage Harvest Farm products.
1 pound locally raised ground beef (Rus-Men Farms)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
2 teaspoons dried Italian Seasoning (Heritage Harvest Farm)
Fresh, chopped basil and parsley for garnish (Heritage Harvest Farm)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
3. Shape 1-inch meatballs, and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until brown and slightly crusty on the bottom. Turn meatballs over on cookie sheet to brown other side, bake for another 10 - 15 minutes.
5. To serve, nestle meatballs on platter of your favorite pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil, parsley and more Parmesan cheese.
Makes about 12 meatballs.