1/2 cup raw honey, divided
1 cup butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped almonds
1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add 3 Tablespoons honey and mix well. Mix in flour until dough holds its shape.
- Form into a ball, wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or longer.
- Divide dough in 4 quarters; on a floured board roll each portion into a circle about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons honey and lemon juice; mix well. Brush dough with honey mixture; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over entire surface.
- Combine almonds and dried cherries; drizzle remaining honey over mixture and mix well.
- Spread ¼ cup of almond mixture an individual dough, stopping 1/2-inch from outer edge.
- Cut into 8 triangular pieces. Roll from wide edge toward tip. Gently bend both ends to form a crescent.
- Place on greased paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate about 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on racks