3 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons orange zest, divided
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
2-inches of scraped vanilla bean or ½ tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour an 8-inch square or round cake pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, honey, coconut, pineapple and 1 teaspoon orange zest; set aside.
- Beat butter until fluffy, add 1/3 cuphoney, egg, milk, vanilla bean and remaining orange zest and beat on low speed until blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat on medium speed for one minute. Spoon batter into prepared pan, tap lightly on counter to evenly distribute batter.
- Carefully and evenly spread honey coconut mixture over top of batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cake tests done in center. Serve warm
Makes 10 servings
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes