1/4 cup raw orange blossom honey
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Pour honey in a small skillet and add lemon slices in a single layer. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, turning slices occasionally.
- Remove from heat; reserve syrup.
- Place slices on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Turn slices and bake an additional 10 minutes or until slices are dry.
- With a mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar; mix well.
- Slowly add cooled reserved syrup and lemon juice and zest. Add remaining powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
Makes 12-14 servings