8 fresh figs; halved
1 C dry red wine
1-1/2 T flour
1/4 C raw honey (raw wildflower honey or raw buckwheat honey)
2 cinnamon sticks
4 1oz pieces of dark chocolate melted
- Pour wine into a cold saucepan. Dissolve flour in wine away from heat. Move saucepan to stove top and cook over a medium heat.
- In a separate pan warm the honey until liquified, add honey and cinnamon sticks to warmed wine mixture, reduce by half, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, arrange figs in liquid so they are standing.
- Cover and cook, stir occasionally about 15 minutes or until they are cooked through. Remove from heat and take out cinnamon sticks.
- To serve pour one ounce of the melted dark chocolate onto center of plate, place 4 fig halves into chocolate, drizzle a small amount of poaching liquid onto figs. Serve with a garnish of your choosing such as mint or a honey cream.
Posted by Betty @ 11:00 PM EST