2 ½ lb young green beans, ends trimmed
½ C butter, soft but not melted
¼ C maple syrup
½ C pecans, toasted and chopped
4 T olive oil
2 t kosher salt
1 t black pepper
- Parboil green beans in salted water until crisp-tender. Remove to ice bath. Drain well.
- Whip butter with electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add maple syrup and pecans, mixing by hand.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté green beans, half at a time, until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Move to large bowl, add butter and toss
- Season with salt and pepper to taste