Zest and juice (1/4 cup) of one lemon
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup raw orange blossom honey
2 large eggs
1 green tea bag
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steep tea in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove tea bag and allow tea to cool.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, green tea, lemon zest and juice; set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter until fluffy. Add orange blossom honey; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix on low until just combined.
- With mixer running on low, slowly wet ingredient mixture. Add remaining dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill lined muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 18-22 minutes, or until test pick is clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Frost and decorate with your favorite frosting.
Makes 12-14 cupcakes