1/2 stick unsalted butter
3 firm but ripe pears, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored
3 1/2 T raw apple blossom honey
4 oz. soft fresh sweet goat cheese or sheep’s milk ricotta*
3 T chopped almonds
1/4 t fine sea salt
- Brown butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pear halves, cut side down, to skillet.
- Add apple blossom honey to pears stir to blend butter and honey being sure to coat pears.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to medium and cook until pears are tender when pierced stir occasionally and add a few tablespoons water to pan if caramel sauce is too dark before pears are cooked through.
- Remove pears to serving dishes; top pears with cheese.
- Return skillet with caramel sauce to medium-high heat; add chopped almonds to caramel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook until sauce is bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over pears and serve.
* If using ricotta whip an extra 1 tablespoon of honey into the cheese using an electric mixer.
almond apple bag blossom bread buckwheat cake chocolate cookies corn cranberry custom fruit ginger giveaway honey maple nut orange pecan pie potato pudding raw scones spiced sweet syrup t-shirt tote
Posted by Betty @ 11:00 PM EST