1/2 stick unsalted butter
3 firm but ripe pears, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored
3 1/2 T raw apple blossom honey
4 oz. soft fresh sweet goat cheese or sheep’s milk ricotta*
3 T chopped almonds
1/4 t fine sea salt
- Brown butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pear halves, cut side down, to skillet.
- Add apple blossom honey to pears stir to blend butter and honey being sure to coat pears.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to medium and cook until pears are tender when pierced stir occasionally and add a few tablespoons water to pan if caramel sauce is too dark before pears are cooked through.
- Remove pears to serving dishes; top pears with cheese.
- Return skillet with caramel sauce to medium-high heat; add chopped almonds to caramel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook until sauce is bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over pears and serve.
* If using ricotta whip an extra 1 tablespoon of honey into the cheese using an electric mixer.
Posted by Betty @ 11:00 PM EST