1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup raw honey; plus additional to glaze loaf
1/4 cup water
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 package fast-rising yeast
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup finely chopped dried Cranberry
- In a sauce pan heat milk, honey, water and butter until warm (120° to 130°F) do not boil.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, cinnamon and salt.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg and enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface, about 6 to 8 minutes until smooth. Cover; let set about 10 minutes.
- Knead in cranberries.
- Pat dough into a flattened loaf shape; cut long way into thirds; roll each piece to 12-inch ropes. Braid ropes; pinch ends to seal. Place on buttered baking sheet.
- Cover; let proof in a draft-free place until doubled in size, around 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven; brush top of loaf with additional honey. Allow to cool.
Makes 1 loaf