1/4 cup Raw honey
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 egg plus 1 egg separated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1 cup Cranberries
¼ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In small bowl, whisk together honey, yogurt, egg, egg yolk and vanilla; set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in currants. Gently mix wet ingredients into flour mixture until just combined.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; shape into 8-inch circle (about 1 inch thick). Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on greased baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
- Lightly beat egg white brush on dough;
- Combine cinnamon-sugar; sprinkle on brushed dough.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Posted by Betty @ 12:00 PM EST