9 T unsalted butter
4 large egg whites, room temperature
1 1/3 C confectioners sugar
6 T all purpose flour
1/4 C ground almonds
1 T raw honey (raw wildflower honey or raw buckwheat honey)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter each mold and dust with flour, tap out excess.
- In a medium heavy bottomed pan brown the 9 tablespoons of butter, melt and cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer combine egg whites, sugar flour and ground almonds until smooth.
- In a separate bowl heat honey in the microwave until liquid, this should only take a few seconds.
- Blend liquid honey into batter; add browned butter beat until fully combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the molds and bake about 10 minutes or until the tops are just dried and feel spongy.
- Cool slightly and tap cookies out of molds onto wire racks.
- To prepare additional cookies the pan must be cool and washed of all residues from the first batch of cookies or the next batch will stick in the grooves. Repeat buttering and flouring.
Posted by Betty @ 11:00 AM EST