¼ lb butter
1 cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
¾ cup honey
2-inches of scraped vanilla bean or ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon juice
1-2 cups of chopped or whole pecans
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
9-inch uncooked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, brown butter over medium high heat to get a nice nutty aroma. Remove and allow to cool slightly
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs and honey. Using a wire whisk, blend all ingredients well
- Add the brown butter, lemon juice, vanilla, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour into pie shell and bake on center rack of oven for 45 minutes to an hour
- Remove and allow to cool.