2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup raw honey
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups zucchini, grated
1/2 cup sunflower seeds or choice of chopped nuts
- Beat egg; add melted butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture, zucchini and sunflower seeds or nuts to honey mixture; mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into well greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F for about 1 hour. Allow to cool serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 12 servings