This is a low calorie version of Maple Banana bread. We have substituted apple sauce for butter and low fat milk for regular milk.
3 T sugar or Demerara sugar
¼ C chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 5x9 loaf pan
- Stir maple syrup and melted butter together in a large bowl. Mix in bananas and egg, a few banana chunks will remain. Add vanilla and milk, stir to combine
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Stir flour and banana mixture until moist, do not over mix
- Transfer to loaf pan. Mix walnuts and sugar, scatter evenly over batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.