- Roast sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet at 375°f until soft, about 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Remove potatoes form oven, set aside to cool slightly before peeling
- Set oven to 350°F. Grease a 2- quart casserole dish
- Mash peeled potatoes, milk, butter, vanilla, honey, ½ C maple syrup and eggs together. Fold in pecans. Spoon potatoes into casserole dish and smooth with back of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with reserved syrup and pecans
- Bake until hot throughout, about 30 minutes
Posted by Betty @ 05:00 AM EST