- Scald maple syrup, butter, milk and salt in a saucepan. Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let sit until frothy, about 4 minutes.
- In large bowl stir together milk and yeast mixtures. Add egg and stir.
- Mix in 2 C of flour. Slowly add more ½ C at a time until dough ball forms. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Add more flour as necessary.
- Place dough in oiled bowl, turning to oil all sides. Cover lightly and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch dough down, knead for about a minute on a floured surface. Roll dough into a 9 x 12 rectangle. Roll tighly and pinch seams and ends closed. Place in greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake until well browned, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Allow bread to cool before slicing.
Posted by Betty @ 05:00 PM EST