2/3 C raw apple blossom honey
¼ C melted butter
¼ C apple juice
1 T sliced almonds
½ C sugar
1 ½ C flour, less 1 tbsp
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t baking powder
½ t baking soda
½ t ground cinnamon
½ t ground ginger
1/8 t nutmeg
- Prepare an 8 X 4 loaf pan with shortening and flour. Line the bottom of the pan with greased parchment paper.
- Whisk flour all other dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl; add sugar and honey, beat until smooth and light in color. Gradually add melted butter until well blended.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture alternating with apple juice.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 50 minutes in a 325 preheated oven until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven let set several minutes, the flip onto wire rack and finish cooling.
Posted by Betty @ 11:00 AM EST