1 C butter
1 C raw orange blossom honey
3 3/4 C flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t cloves
1/2 t allspice
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat honey and butter together until it boils. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking soda and spices together. Add flour mixture one cup at a time to the honey until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll dough into logs and wrap in waxed paper allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Slice thinly and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- As a variation you can add a half teaspoon of vanilla or finely grated orange peel to the heated honey and butter mixture.
Posted by Betty @ 11:00 AM EST