Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 5 replies To this message.

Author Topic: FARM FRESH EGGS
Click to reply to this message
  poultry/veagtables
  Madison
FARM FRESH EGGS    (Posted Thu, Apr 26 '12 at 03:50 UTC)

i have for sell lrge brown free range chickhen eggs for sale if wanting pls relpy i have plenty :)

liamtewksbury
 Beetleboo
 Bonita Springs
Re: FARM FRESH EGGS    (Posted Sat, Apr 28 '12 at 03:27 UTC)

Individual looking to purchase poultry and eggs with FLAVOR!

Do you sell by the dozen?
Chickens?
B

Betty
 goodway
 talihina
Re: FARM FRESH EGGS    (Posted Thu, May 3 '12 at 07:03 UTC)

I would like info on raising chickens for eggs free range and organic want to start this as a business. Anyone got info.

idigbeets
 Laurel Highlands PA
Re: FARM FRESH EGGS    (Posted Thu, May 3 '12 at 06:01 UTC)

raising eggs as a sole business venture is tough going. It really depends on how much you want to earn. The profit margins are thin on eggs.

Do you have capital to invest in this project? In my experience, you'll want to raise a few hundred dozen a week to really make any money. You're talking 1200 eggs a week minimum... That's a lot of birds. Free ranging a lot of birds requires good fencing, water access, coops/chicken tractors, feed etc etc.

Before all that you need to consider your market. Are you selling out of your home, wholesaling to restaurants/university etc? Farmer's market?

what about insurance? egg inspection? There's a lot to it.

ahb0954
 Springfield
Re: FARM FRESH EGGS    (Posted Tue, Jun 19 '12 at 09:39 UTC)

Do you still have eggs. Price per dozen. Where do we pick up?

Alejandra Burgess
 Ohiorganic
 Eaton
Re: FARM FRESH EGGS    (Posted Tue, Jun 19 '12 at 09:45 UTC)

if posting things for sale it would be good to include a state. I know from researching that these eggs are in Madison, GA but they could also be in several other states like Indiana or Wisconsin.

Lucy Goodman Boulder Belt Eco-Farm Eaton, OH http://boulderbelt.blogspot.com http://www.boulderbeltfarm.com