Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 5 replies To this message.

Author Topic: getting dressed whole pigs in DFW Texas area
Click to reply to this message
  Scalliwag
  Fort Worth
getting dressed whole pigs in DFW Texas area    (Posted Wed, Oct 7 '09 at 07:18 UTC)

does anybody on the forum know a good source to get whole pigs between 50 to 100 pounds on the hoof in my area? I cook them whole on a large rotisserie, however the only place I've found them for a reasonable price per pound is Hayes Farm in Mansfield, but the smallest they sell are 150 pounds.
I did one that was 155 lbs. one time and it was a whole lot more than needed.

Maybe I need to make a pig co-op for bigger pigs? :) haha

TankerTom
 Weatherford
Re: getting dressed whole pigs in DFW Texas area    (Posted Mon, May 3 '10 at 11:01 UTC)

You might try contacting Kennedy Sausage<(817) 594-3316> in Weatherford, TX. Although they might not offer whole hogs I'm sure they would know of some farms that could assist.

Larry Barton
 Gorman
Re: getting dressed whole pigs in DFW Texas area    (Posted Wed, Nov 30 '11 at 08:12 UTC)

I may be able to help you, look at my website www.meatsofthemountain.com, my contact info is there. Thanks, Larry Barton

Larry Barton Meats of the Mountain Gorman, Texas 917 499 7306
 jammieM
 weatherford
Re: getting dressed whole pigs in DFW Texas area    (Posted Tue, Sep 11 '12 at 08:55 UTC)

yes we have whole live pigs for sale just call me jammie at 580-530-2133 on my cell and we can send you pictures and sizes and let you know what breeds we have.we live in weatherford.

jammie mcmann
 Craigoh
 Alvarado
Re: getting dressed whole pigs in DFW Texas area    (Posted Sat, Sep 29 '12 at 04:55 UTC)

Hello there Scall. Looks like these farms have you set up perfectly but FYI to whoever else might stumble on this thread. Right now our next batch of heritage Kunekune piglets will be ready March 2013 but these pigs will sell between suckling & 60 lb live weight. Take care all,

Http://lonesomestar.com

Craig http://LonesomeStar.com Current Livestock: Kunekune piglets on sale now! April 2014
 Ms.Coro007
 Arlington
Re: getting dressed whole pigs in DFW Texas area    (Posted Tue, Jan 28 '14 at 03:11 UTC)

Where you do you live? I'm planning an event for March and I am looking to pay someone who knows how to cook a whole pig.