Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 3 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Helper Needed
Click to reply to this message
  BlackDogFarms
  Twin Falls
Helper Needed    (Posted Fri, Dec 14 '12 at 03:51 UTC)

When things really get rolling around here, typically in late May and onward, we have a need for a helper or two. The way we have done it in the past is to basically swap labor for room and board.

The system works as follows: We provide a very nice bunkhouse or a 28 foot travel trailer, here at our small farm, plus 2 meals and a snack per day, in return for 5 hours of work M-F. Using this system we have met some excellent folks over the years, most of whom were doing a bit of traveling. We do ask that our workers be of high moral values, not use any drugs, into physical fitness, and allow us to do a background check.

If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Eating Well For Life!
 HerbsandSpices
 Waynesville
Re: Helper Needed    (Posted Thu, Dec 20 '12 at 08:21 UTC)

may I ask what state you are located in? Also, can you give a brief description of the job?

Thanks!

I know someone who might be interested

Elaynna

BlackDogFarms
 Twin Falls
Re: Helper Needed    (Posted Fri, Dec 28 '12 at 02:37 UTC)

Sorry to take so long to respond, We had a busy holiday around here and I did not check Local Harvest daily like usual. Hopefully I am back in the groove now.

We are located in Twin Falls Idaho. Situated within a few hours of loads of recreational opportunities- backpacking, white water, boating, hiking, rock climbing, skiing, ziplines, caving, etc.

Here at our small farm we are looking for someone to help plant seeds, pull weeds, cut firewood, harvest, sort vegetables, repair fences, move rocks and dirt, groom animals, and more. Pretty much all outside work, M-F 8-1. In return you will get free room and 3 square meals per day.

If you have more questions or are interested, please email me.
Thanks.
Kevin

Eating Well For Life!
 Destiny's Herbs
 Cedar Rapids
Re: Helper Needed    (Posted Fri, Feb 8 '13 at 06:22 UTC)

I don't see an email/phone for contacting? Of course it is a little late here ;-)

The best herbs, edible blossoms, heirlooms & wild foods.