Not logged in, login or create an account

There is 1 reply To this message.

Author Topic: Looking to get my hands in the soil!
Click to reply to this message
  earthlove
  atlanta
Looking to get my hands in the soil!    (Posted Mon, Jan 14 '13 at 09:38 UTC)

Hello all!

Wherever this message finds you, be blessed! I am a recent graduate from the University of Georgia in recreational management (aka summer youth camps). I love the camping experience, but what I also love is farming! I really want to connect the two and eventually create an amazing experience for children and adults to learn and become more connected to creation through farming. As of now I only have minimal experience working for a small family organic farm in Georgia...that little snippet of my life was blissfully altering! What I am looking for is the opportunity to volunteer my time long term at an organic farm that needs help in order to broaden my experience with all aspects of organic farming. I love hard labor and I am willing to spend however much time is needed tending to the land and even working other operations such as farmers markets. As a bonus I can also offer my proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese. I come as a pair with my partner, who is also willing to help if needed! We are fun, love music, love the earth and creation, and avid anti-GMO advocates. Thank you so much for your time spent reading, hope to hear of some amazing opportunities.

Blessings,
Maddeline

Maddeline j. Mcgraw
 hooters
 Cross
Re: Looking to get my hands in the soil!    (Posted Tue, Feb 12 '13 at 03:54 UTC)

Hi Maddeline,

I have the opportunity you and your partner seek. I own a samll organic farm near Charleston, SC and I'm seeking a couple of apprentices for the 2013 season. Please contact me via

David