Not logged in, login or create an account

There is 1 reply To this message.

Author Topic: Experienced Farmer couple looking for employment or Farm.
Click to reply to this message
  growyourhealth
  MT Shasta
Experienced Farmer couple looking for employment or Farm.    (Posted Wed, Mar 19 '14 at 05:57 UTC)

We?ve recently parted with our farm due to family inheritance, and are now in search for employment and possible housing, we would greatly like to stay in organic farming being that it has become such an important lifestyle element and a great positive part of our lives.

I have 10 years experience in farming my partner having 4. We were the sole running tool for a vegetable/fruit farm in Utah that was in the family for 70 years, we supplied 3 busy farmers markets weekly during the growing season, restraunts and A 25 week CSA. Our duties included, but not limited to, seed selecting, seed starting, weekly planting schedules, soil up keep and maintenance, composting, cover crops, pruning, fruit tree care, watering, insect problem solving, harvesting, marketing, finance handling, care of sheep, chickens, ducks, constructing of cages, supports, row covers, tunnels, start houses, weed control and everything else that comes up in running A successful farm.

We feel that our experiences would be a great asset to wide range of farms. If we sound like possible candidates for your farm feel free to contact us with any questions. We can also send Resumes upon request.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely. Dave & Michaela

Dave Baldwin
801-450-7851

Ohiorganic
 Eaton
Re: Experienced Farmer couple looking for employment or Farm.    (Posted Wed, Mar 19 '14 at 09:04 UTC)

his is from an email I got yesterday. This woman has been looking for someone for well over a year, giver her a call.

I am still looking for an appropriate next generation on this farm, Aunt Ellen's Farm in SE Ohio, one hour from downtown Columbus.

In the meantime, I am open to project by project liasons with local wannatry it out farmers.

I have a hoop house to erect, a garden to plant, a field of oats and a field of beans to plant. Many many acres of hay to be made and some marketing.

Anyone interested in short term arrangements? I share knowledge, have equipment and need commitment to finish the tasks. Anyone interested in Salatin-esque MOAs?

Ellen
(740)343-3255

Lucy Goodman Boulder Belt Eco-Farm Eaton, OH http://boulderbelt.blogspot.com http://www.boulderbeltfarm.com