Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 5 replies To this message.

Author Topic: The Future of the Farmers? Market, CSA?s and Your Garden
Click to reply to this message
  Beef_guy
  Highland, WI
The Future of the Farmers? Market, CSA?s and Your Garden    (Posted Sat, Mar 3 '12 at 10:18 UTC)

With their influence by companies such as Monsanto, the FDA has stated that the individual does not have the right to consume the food of his choice or enter into private contract.
?"Plaintiffs' assertion of a 'fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families' is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish." [p. 26]
?"There is no fundamental right to freedom of contract." [p. 27]
Here is a link to more details about this issue. http://farmtoconsumer.org/litigation-FDA-status.htm

If the government can decide what or what not people can consume, then what can?t they control? The government has no business in infringing on personal freedom of choice.
The precedent has been set and doesn?t bode well for those that don?t buy their food from the corporate system.
They have been attacking farmers and at any time they could start shutting down farmers? markets, CSA?s and even your own garden.
Don?t think it could happen? Look at some of these examples

Wisconsin Farmer to be Charged as Criminal
http://www.freespeechwisconsin.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=3796.0

How the tyrants came after a farmer named Roscoe Filburn
http://www.naturalnews.com/030799_food_freedom_Wickard_vs_Filburn.html

Health department tyrants raid local 'farm to fork' picnic dinner, orders all food to be destroyed with bleach http://www.naturalnews.com/034125_food_freedom_picnic.html#ixzz1nRusSdIC

The path to this outcome has been cleared. Do you want to live in a country where your life is that tightly controlled? Nazi Germany? Communist Russia? Is this the world that you want to leave for your children? If you think that those in charge will take care of you then you are completely mistaken. ?They? will take care of themselves and those that help them maintain control.
If you don?t want to be a puppet of the system, if you want your children to grow up with freedom of choice, then stand up for your rights. Contact your state and federal representatives. Tell them that this assault on freedom is unacceptable. Tell them that the FDA has been corrupted by the companies that they are supposed to control and that you will not stand for it. Stand up for your rights before they are all taken away!

Beef_guy
 Highland, WI
Re: The Future of the Farmers?Market, CSAs and Your Garden    (Posted Sat, Mar 3 '12 at 10:20 UTC)

Sorry for all the ?s in the post. I pasted it from MS Work and this message board apparently doesn't like punctuation.

sunsetchef
 gulf shores/pensacola
Re: The Future of the Farmers? Market, CSA?s and Your Garden    (Posted Sun, Mar 4 '12 at 02:59 UTC)

my self and a few friends are trying to start a program here on the gulf coast. we want to raise funds to pay csa fams to raise friuits and vegetables then take that food and diribute it to families in need . helps the farmers and insures good nutrition to those in need any feed back you can give me on this i would appreciate. any programs like it in wisconsin?

exec chef at the sunset cork room
 Beef_guy
 Highland, WI
Re: The Future of the Farmers? Market, CSA?s and Your Garden    (Posted Sun, Mar 4 '12 at 05:51 UTC)

Sounds like a great program. Hats off to your and your friends for trying to get it going. I would be surprised if someone isn't doing it somewhere. I will check around to see if there is anything like it here.

Beef_guy
 Highland, WI
Re: The Future of the Farmers? Market, CSA?s and Your Garden    (Posted Thu, May 31 '12 at 04:50 UTC)

I have started a facebook page to pick up where the article I wrote leaves off. I am using it as a focal point for information on government and corporate influence on our choice to consume the food of our choice.
Please have a look and spread the word. I welcome supporting information so that we may all be as informed as possible.
http://www.facebook.com/TyrannysPantry

wvhaugen
 Ferndale
Re: The Future of the Farmers? Market, CSA?s and Your Garden    (Posted Thu, May 31 '12 at 09:08 UTC)

sunsetchef - You don't need to start a "program." I already have a program that gives CSA shares to the needy. You can contribute in any amount you wish. The more money I get, the more food I can produce to give away. I am not a 501(C) 3 so their is no tax credit for donations. However, there are also no administrative costs so 100% goes to the farmer. You can contribute by sending a check, made out to Walter Haugen, to:

Walter Haugen
F.A. Farm
5890 Barr Road
Ferndale, WA 98248

Catering to the unique Ferndale perspective.