Not logged in, login or create an account

There is 1 reply To this message.

Author Topic: Transitional communities
Click to reply to this message
  Conniedj
  Detroit
Transitional communities    (Posted Fri, May 11 '12 at 10:25 UTC)

I am a Detroit based producer, and a member of a CSA near my home.

I am researching sustainable, created communities that use technology, and back to basic farming techniques. I am interested in doing a documentary, or a docu series on interesting stories of people who are doing something different. I am not interested in conspiracy theorists, or cults.

Do you have a growing community based on the above? I would love to hear from you!

wvhaugen
 Ferndale
Re: Transitional communities    (Posted Sat, May 12 '12 at 08:25 UTC)

I am part of the Transition Movement, but it has its downsides too. For example, there is a disproportionate emphasis on collectivism rather than individual effort. This results in WAY too many meetings and much, too much "touchy-feeley" nonsense. If you are interested in real solutions that require manual labor to feed the world and a non-monetized program of change, send me an email and I will give you my phone number. Remember, this is my busy time of the year and I am not going to write long email messages.

For your background info, you can go to http://transitionwhatcom.ning.com/ and read any of my posts on the blog or discussion forums. Left side of the screen. Scroll down.

Walter Haugen
F.A. Farm
www.fafarm.org

Catering to the unique Ferndale perspective.