Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 5 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Mint or Chocolate Mint?
Click to reply to this message
  adrianbanuelos
  longmont
Mint or Chocolate Mint?    (Posted Mon, Mar 28 '11 at 09:36 UTC)

So, I am currently growing Mint and Chocolate Mint. They are, both at the moment,
in 4inc containers. I have the perfect place in my backyard to put them so then can
flourish and be contained. PROBLEM: I don't know which one to transplant to that
lovely corner. The mint is gorgeous and wild looking but it is not has fragrant as
I thought it would be. The chocolate mint is SO fragrant but would it make a good
tea when dried? I was hoping someone could give me a lovely opinion or feedback.
I know it's not a big problem but I am at such a standstill!

dunlooken
 Glencoe
Re: Mint or Chocolate Mint?    (Posted Tue, Mar 29 '11 at 06:39 UTC)

I love chocolate mint and grow mostly that. I will say that I had it die out once, something that is the opposite of what mint usually does.
It makes a lovely tea.

Bev
 Lynette Yant
 Ottawa Ohio
Re: Mint or Chocolate Mint?    (Posted Fri, Nov 4 '11 at 01:43 UTC)

Fyi when planting any mint keep in mind it will grow like crazy. I am going to replant mine in hallow bottom 5 gallon bucket to control its growth.

lynette yant
 Rederme
 New York
Re: Mint or Chocolate Mint?    (Posted Wed, Nov 16 '11 at 03:13 UTC)

I have been searching the internet for a very long time and still cannot find anything helpful! Please.........
http://redermesite.com

janicegi bbonsd
 Peach Wright
 Illonis
Re: Mint or Chocolate Mint?    (Posted Thu, Oct 9 '14 at 05:33 UTC)

Growing chocolate mint in containers is easy.
I use the leaves in dishes and drinks for added flavor.
It is easy way to always have a fresh supply of the chocolate herb plant.

Sheppie
 San Francisco
Re: Mint or Chocolate Mint?    (Posted Tue, Dec 16 '14 at 10:32 UTC)

Definitely try chocolate mint but perhaps do as other guys say. Make sure you have the spot guarded. Mint do tend to grow like crazy and soon you may face it everywhere around your garden. Even in the spots you'd never expect anything grow :)