Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 6 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Sheep Sorrel with roots
Click to reply to this message
  delaterreapothecary
  Auburndale
Sheep Sorrel with roots    (Posted Wed, Dec 14 '11 at 03:49 UTC)

I have searched high and low, called every herb plant that comes up on google, even called over seas. Nobody sells sheep sorrel that includes the root. I am trying to make an essiac tea mix for my mom and to sell. Does anyone know where I can buy it?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

kodiakgirl
 kodiak
Re: Sheep Sorrel with roots    (Posted Fri, Dec 16 '11 at 02:44 UTC)

Is it different than the sorrel weed that grows rampantly everywhere? Could you get it on a nature walk? I have the tangy stuff growing everywhere and I usually pull it from the garden because it's not attractive enough to be left alone. It spreads rampantly by underground runners, plus puts up small red seed stalks.

heather
 Atlantic Surf
 Jacksonville
Re: Sheep Sorrel with roots    (Posted Thu, Dec 22 '11 at 02:37 UTC)

Hi, Heather. I need to learn how to identify sheep sorrel as I am in need of the whole plant including roots as well. Can you please give me some suggestions as to how to go about figuring this out? I am in Florida. I wonder if it grows freely down here? Thanks,
JM

Eat Organic. Buy Local. Seek The Truth.
 kodiakgirl
 kodiak
Re: Sheep Sorrel with roots    (Posted Thu, Dec 22 '11 at 11:15 UTC)

I lived down there and it's hard to imagine it there, but maybe it is. Have you checked the shop on this site for seeds? Nichols carries interesting seeds, so does irisheyes. When I need something out of the ordinary, I go to J.L. Hudson, Seedsman. They have LOTS of strange stuff, and inexpensive too. What is it for? Our sorrel grows like crazy, I could easily find out if it's the right kind, but couldn't help you till spring. I'd send you a chunk if you covered shipping. H ()

heather
 kodiakgirl
 kodiak
Re: Sheep Sorrel with roots    (Posted Thu, Dec 22 '11 at 11:40 UTC)

OK, I looked it up, it's RUMEX ACE.....something and it's item # HB194 in nichols garden nursery catalog. If you are looking to fight cancer you may have now, you need to do way more than that though. The Gerson Therapy is a natural, proven method. Starting this moment, do not eat one single grain of salt, one single grain of sugar. NO processed foods. Only steamed veggies on low heat and juicing. Clean out that fatty liver with vinegar on your veggies. If you aren't worried about cancer, order 4 or 5 packets of seeds, get some pots and start them in a sterile seed starting mix. Cover with plastic until you see them start to sprout. Keep moist with a fan on low, blowing on them so a fungus can't get them (but keep moist). A little tricky, but they are safe when they're a few inches tall. Try transplanting outside in an area without all day direct sun. I remember that brutal heat!! Since they grow from underground runners AND seeds, they might have a better chance. Since they do spread from runners, you will not help them with thick mulch (even though that is probably a plant saving technique down there). Ooh! I've got it, use a shade cloth from the same catalog - or Johnnys selected seeds. Good luck, but remember that if you are trying to fight an active cancer naturally, there are many more important things you need to do RIGHT NOW. (Gerson doesn't work if you take chemo or drugs). HEather

heather
 ChagaChaser
 Litchfield
Re: Sheep Sorrel with roots    (Posted Thu, May 30 '13 at 01:00 UTC)

Did you find the sheep sorrel?

Robin J Brann
 truth seeker
 buchanan dam
Re: Sheep Sorrel with roots    (Posted Fri, Dec 6 '13 at 02:41 UTC)

what i see on Essiac you need
Sheep Sorrel Lvs., Pwd not roots
hope this was helpful

angelica watson