Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 3 replies To this message.

Author Topic: rosemary
Click to reply to this message
  paradise
  paradise
rosemary    (Posted Fri, Aug 10 '07 at 11:47 UTC)

I have a 50 foot by 25 foot plot of rosemary in my front yard that I'm taking out. Is this something of any value? It's about 30 years old and should be considered organic as its never received any treatment of anything. There are only a few remaining flowers left from this season. I'm located in northern CA. thanks for any help.

bbs
 Ellendra
 Madison
Re: rosemary    (Posted Sat, Aug 11 '07 at 05:19 UTC)

Ok, now I'm jealous. Every time I've tried to grow rosemary it dies. Its one of very few plants I haven't been able to grow.

Your plot is VERY valuable! Are the branches long or short, woody or new? If long, you could wait until closer to christmas and sell rosemary garlands. If they're short and bushy, you could prune them into topiaries. If nothing else, the needles are a wonderful seasoning, and they smell so good!

paradise
 paradise
Re: rosemary    (Posted Mon, Aug 13 '07 at 08:46 UTC)

The branches are short and woody, some branches are 2 inches in diameter. Any suggestions on where to go to market all this?

bbs
 OwensAcres
 Placerville
Re: rosemary    (Posted Thu, Jul 1 '10 at 02:48 UTC)

My herb business (Owens Acres) started with the same problem! Rosemary is amazing and I became obsessed with what you can do with it, and my business was born!

Rosemary is very antiseptic and makes the most amazing teas and herbal a blends. Aside from that, it's great to cook with (fresh or dried) and the branches, when stripped, make the best BBQ sticks. Rosemary makes a great facial toner by just boiling a handful of the leaves and flowers in a pot of water. Let cool and pour into quart jar. use daily with cotton balls as an astringent! Store in fridge for up to a week. The flowers are edible and make great garnishes! Rosemary can be used in dream pillows to help induce sleep. In cupboards, repels insects like moths. The boiled liquid can be used in a squirt bottle to clean kitchen counters or mop floors - smells divine!

Herbs are so useful! Look them up online or go to www.Botanical.com for more info!

Pure and Simple Products From Nature!