Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 11 replies To this message.

Author Topic: White Egret Farms Austin, TX
Click to reply to this message
  mrsdean
  Jacksonville
White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Thu, Apr 21 '11 at 09:34 UTC)

Does anyone live near White Egret Farms in Austin? We have ordered from them twice and are desperately trying to get another order but have been unable to reach anyone. I didn't know if there was anyone out there who has been there recently.

shelleyhussey
 Acworth
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Tue, Apr 26 '11 at 10:51 UTC)

>Does anyone live near White Egret Farms in
>Austin? We have ordered from them twice and are
>desperately trying to get another order but have
>been unable to reach anyone. I didn't know if
>there was anyone out there who has been there
>recently.

I would LOVE to have someone who lives near White Egret Farms go collect the $60 that Lee Dexter stole from me back in July, 2009. We sent a check for $60 for a few cartons of goat's milk yogurt (she makes the only fermented goat's milk yogurt that was recommended for my husband's very strict diet), and after several attempts to reach her, gave up. Would split the $60 with that "someone."

If you do a Google search on her, you'll see she's been in trouble with the law numerous times. Her company was recommended in the back of the book: Restoring Your Digestive Health. We thought she could be trusted. NOT.

Shelleyhussey
 mrsdean
 Jacksonville
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Wed, Apr 27 '11 at 12:38 UTC)

Fortunately we got our product the 2 times we've ordered it. we are also doing the 'Restore your digestive health' diet. and with GREAT results... we just need more yogurt.

holisticmom
 austin
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Wed, Nov 16 '11 at 04:53 UTC)

Perhaps you were unaware that ms. Lee Dexter passed away and the farm is no longer functioning as her partner could do keep it going with out her knowledge and expertise. She was a very kind, compassionate woman who gave willingly and did the very best she could. She would not intentionally "steal" money. Unfortunately she and her partner were the only ones doing all of the work and it was overwhelming for them when the book listed them as a resource. They were inundated with orders and tried as best they could to fill these out of solely wishing to help.

Heisenberg
 Austin
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Tue, Jan 3 '12 at 08:59 UTC)

That's kind of you to say something nice about Lee now that she has pased, but I worked there many years ago and I can tell you for a fact that stiffing customers was common practice. Like many of you I was excited to be involved in the local food movement and Lee's research, but I was asked to tell customers, vendors, and clients things that made me extremely uncomfortable. It was dishonest. I was also not paid my final paycheck and many of my coworkers were also stiffed. Sorry OP, you've been had.

mrsdean
 Jacksonville
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Tue, Jan 3 '12 at 09:03 UTC)

Would you happen to know of anyone that makes a similar product?

wvhaugen
 Ferndale
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Tue, Jan 3 '12 at 10:35 UTC)

Time to make your own yogurt. It is easier than you think.

Catering to the unique Ferndale perspective.
 mrsdean
 Jacksonville
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Wed, Jan 4 '12 at 01:18 UTC)

I would love to try, but I can't find any starters withOUT s.thermophilus. which is why we were getting the product from White Egret.

HealthBeat365
 Arnold
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Thu, Apr 12 '12 at 04:44 UTC)

I have starter and can offer you the opportunity to make home made Kiefer. If you have a store near you that carries Fresh Made brand - it is a very nice brand as well.

I had a different experience with White Egret Farms. I bought monthly from Lee for over 4 years (around 2000 - 2004ish) and my experience was wonderful. I am sorry to hear that she has passed on. All of my large orders were filled. I raised 2 babies who were weaned from breast milk onto her goats milk. My family enjoyed her yogurt as well! I would love to find another safe supplier of raw goats milk. I learned of her from the book, "Train up your children in the way they should eat." ~ Broer

Shannon Mette
 OldFriend
 Dallas
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Sun, Aug 26 '12 at 05:33 UTC)

Does anyone have more information on Lee Dexter's passing? I am a friend of here's from her time at the USDA. Thanks!

Morning
 Austin
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Wed, Aug 28 '13 at 05:19 UTC)

I worked with her as well for a very short time. She was broke and owed money to many people. This is probably why her and her partner had no other help. After hearing the voice messages of angry employers and sad distraught customers I left knowing that I would not get paid. Lee was a very nice person, just not very honest.

I truly believed in her product, it helped many people.

Morninghrndz
 cmnasti
 Austin
Re: White Egret Farms Austin, TX    (Posted Sun, Sep 22 '13 at 05:32 UTC)

I am shocked to learn of Lee Dexter's passing, but not entirely surprised, as when I interviewed her in March 2011, she did not look well. I never heard anythng in the local news about it or in the obituaries. I'll have to check with local farmers to see what they know.

I see holisticmom posted about Lee's passing on this board in November 2011. So that means she died sometime between March 2011 and November 2011.

She meant well, and was passionate about what she did, but during my visit it seemed clear things were spiraling out of control on the farm.

I am sorry to hear of her passing.

Field & Feast Radio -- a show about good food from the ground up.