Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 4 replies To this message.

Author Topic: What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?
Click to reply to this message
  TPK
  Cadiz
What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?    (Posted Tue, Mar 27 '12 at 09:31 UTC)

What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?

TPK
 Cadiz
Re: What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?    (Posted Tue, Mar 27 '12 at 09:32 UTC)

What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?

dunlooken
 Glencoe
Re: What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?    (Posted Wed, Mar 28 '12 at 11:33 UTC)

Eat them. The meat is wonderful and good for you.
I have a number of meat customers for our buck kids and a standing order from a producer for all that I don't sell. Granted she only gives me $5 per kid but she picks them up before they're a week old and I don't have to deal with them at all.
I know of people who put down all buck kids not spoken for before birth.
Other people run them all through a local sales barn after weaning.

Bev
 Shari
 Beryl UT
Re: What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?    (Posted Thu, Mar 29 '12 at 01:45 UTC)

We have an ethnic market that purchases most of our bucks. Those that are left over go to our local auction.

This has been the year for bucks. Out of 8 live kids, we've had 6 bucks. That might be a good thing, as we're keeping the girls... don't want to grow too fast.

It's been the same thing with the sheep. Out of 13 live births to date, we have 9 rams.

Four Country Gals, the ONLY Certified Organic Produce farm in SW Utah. Also custom-raised lamb and rabbit available.
 CCH
 Cochran
Re: What do you do with your extra buck kids that don?t sell?    (Posted Mon, Mar 25 '13 at 05:57 UTC)

We wether them and raise up to about 1 year old and eat them. The meat is delicious and they do help with clearing up any land that is overgrown.