Not logged in, login or create an account

There is 1 reply To this message.

Author Topic: Starting my 2 mo on goat milk.
Click to reply to this message
  Mr&MrsGilson
  Boise
Starting my 2 mo on goat milk.    (Posted Wed, Jul 18 '12 at 12:16 UTC)

Hello, My name is Jennifer Gilson. I am a new mother out of Boise Idaho. I have a 2 1/2 mo baby boy "Harper" He was born premature and so impossible to breast feed, however I pumped for the first month of his life. I went over to formula because the pumping was far more work than I could handle to keep my flow up. I have had nothing but crying and screaming pain for the last month and a half. I recently say a pediatric chiropractor and he suggested that the best thing for my child is raw goats milk mixed with a complete plants based nutritional supplement. He stated that even powdered goats milk is better than any formula that is on the shelf. I am giving it a go and so far he has responded very well. I anyone here has any knowledge about goats milk and infants PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some feed back.

Changing what goes in us to change what comes out of us.
 Mennagerie Farm
 Sheridan
Re: Starting my 2 mo on goat milk.    (Posted Thu, Aug 16 '12 at 08:51 UTC)

Hi Jennifer,
I don't know if you are still looking for some feedback on feeding infants goat milk, but I just wanted to say that this is what we have done for all of our little ones and they have thrived beautifully on it. We give it to them raw, and there has never been a problem. Goat milk is extremely easy to digest and very healthy for them. If you choose to give your child raw goat milk, then I would stress to knit pick where you get it from. Check for yourself and see that every thing on the farm is clean and tidy. From the goat's living quarters, to the milking area, to the handling and chilling of the milk. This of course, is the same for cow's milk...