Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 4 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Fodder systems
Click to reply to this message
  Patsy
  greensboro
Fodder systems    (Posted Thu, Oct 11 '12 at 04:54 UTC)

I have been reading about these and wondered if anyone is using one and how you like it. And the best place to buy one.
Thanks, Patsy

Patsy V Seay
 That guy
 Marengo, WI
Re: Fodder systems    (Posted Tue, Mar 12 '13 at 10:41 UTC)

Been wondering about them myself, Sounds like a lot of expense still to me, I raise organic grain and any farm of any size is going to go through a lot of grain still. Then I have to buy a "system" and have a dedicated room for it. I'll still feed hay. But I know that hay is pretty expensive in some parts of the country.

Patsy
 greensboro
Re: Fodder systems    (Posted Tue, Mar 12 '13 at 11:58 UTC)

If you make your system , I think the expense is low. Barley seeds are what most people sprout and I don't think that is too pricey. The nutritional value of the sprouts is do much higher than regular grains
I bought a small greenhouse and have it set up in my garage. Still got to buy seeds
If you are on FAcebook. There is a fodder group . Lots if questions answered there
Patsy

Patsy V Seay
 MsFredwina
 Wellman
Re: Fodder systems    (Posted Tue, Mar 26 '13 at 01:16 UTC)

www.farmtek.com

They are an Iowa company (also NH) and we are going to visit there soon to check out this system and a couple others. They also have a lot of helpful videos.

Patsy
 greensboro
Re: Fodder systems    (Posted Tue, Mar 26 '13 at 02:07 UTC)

I am building my own, I bought a small greenhouse and have it set up in my garage and I will use a space heater to keep it at 70'. I have trays and I have sprinkler tubing I hope to set up..
Farm Tek is just way too expensive..
If you are on Facebook there is a fodder group and lots of files on how to set up.
Finding a source of barley is what I am trying to find right now.

Patsy V Seay