Not logged in, login or create an account

There is 1 reply To this message.

Author Topic: Food for Profit
Click to reply to this message
  kbreimhurst
  Womelsdorf
Food for Profit    (Posted Thu, Mar 18 '10 at 09:01 UTC)

Food for Profit
Dates: April 21, 2010
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Do you want to start a food business? If so, then Food for Profit, offered April 21 at the Penn State Corporate Learning Center in Bethlehem, is for you. This course is designed for you if you: make a specialty food item that other folks often request, have additional produce from your farm or garden that could be made into a value-added product, envision marketing your family recipes, or desire to generate more household income and dream of owning a food business. This one-day overview will provide the information and skills to assess if your idea has the potential to generate profitable sales.

The workshop consists of six hours of classroom discussion that provide an overview of how to start and successfully operate a small food product business: The topics include: Getting Started: An honest look at the challenges and advantages of owning a food related business. Developing a Game Plan: A good business idea needs to be ?do-able,? marketable, and profitable; your feasibility analysis is step one toward a great business plan. Finding a Niche: Using the four P?s: price, product, placement and promotion to determine who will buy. Safe Food Handling: Good preparation and storage methods prolong shelf life and lessen liability for your business. Packaging your Product: Selecting the perfect package and food labels to intrigue your potential customers. Pricing your Product: Whether you cover your costs or aim at making a profit, your pricing strategy determines many facets of business success. How to Register your Food Business: Product liability - do I need insurance? How much do I need?

For More Information Contact: Tianna DuPont Penn State Extension?Northampton and Lehigh County by e-mail tdupont@psu.edu or phone (610) 746-1970. www.extension.psu.edu/start-farming

Kate Miller Sustainable Agriculture Program Assistant Penn State Cooperative Extension Lehigh and Northampton Counties www.extension.psu.edu/start-farming
 stephen
 texas
Re: Food for Profit    (Posted Wed, Apr 6 '11 at 10:12 UTC)

Hey I wanted to start food business at my home town shopping center but I was little confused to get profit , but I really glad to read this your post , it has valuable information for me

Thanks,

[url=http://www.1stopcondomshop.com/wetlubes.html]Personal lubricants[/url]