Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 11 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Organic Farmers wanted
Click to reply to this message
  MD farmland man
  frederick
Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Fri, Dec 28 '12 at 04:51 UTC)

If you are looking for farmland to farm, without purchasing it, in Maryland/DC area please reply

We are looking for organic farmers for our MD farm
 idigbeets
 Laurel Highlands PA
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Sat, Dec 29 '12 at 03:24 UTC)

How about some contact information and a little more info on your farm, size, infrastructure, lease arrangements, products you're currently producing etc etc.

MD farmland man
 frederick
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Sat, Dec 29 '12 at 04:46 UTC)

please feel comfortable contacting me at or 301-655-4000

idigbeets
 Laurel Highlands PA
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Sun, Dec 30 '12 at 12:00 UTC)

I'd prefer if you answered my questions in public. Some basic info about your farming opportunity is not too much to ask. Plus it gives the added benefit of other people being able to learn about your property and decide if it even sounds like something one is interested in, before applying.....

idigbeets
 Laurel Highlands PA
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Sun, Dec 30 '12 at 12:01 UTC)

I do see that you are a real estate agent by trade as well... from a quick google search of your email address.

MD farmland man
 frederick
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Mon, Dec 31 '12 at 05:06 UTC)

We are starting an incubator to support local organic farmers/farming practices and are in the process of acquiring land in the Dc - Baltimore - Frederick market area. We have several models, understand there are needs common to farmers and also that different folks have different situations/needs. Experienced and new farmers alike that are interested in discussing possible synergies are encouraged to contact me. I hope this helps. Peace ; )

idigbeets
 Laurel Highlands PA
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Tue, Jan 1 '13 at 12:04 UTC)

Ah.. so there is no farm, you are still looking for land. That is an expensive area to buy land, and difficult to find quality farmland tracts to lease even....

Keep us updated.

MD farmland man
 frederick
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Tue, Jan 1 '13 at 03:33 UTC)

we have property identified and are very close. Happy to keep you posted and what might your interest be?

idigbeets
 Laurel Highlands PA
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Wed, Jan 2 '13 at 12:14 UTC)

I have no interest, as I currently manage a farm :)

I just like these discussions about new farms, new farmers, etc.

MD farmland man
 frederick
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Wed, Jan 2 '13 at 02:19 UTC)

Likewise, care to share something about your farm?

MD farmland man
 frederick
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Sun, Jan 6 '13 at 02:26 UTC)

not much of a "discussion" :(

wvhaugen
 Ferndale
Re: Organic Farmers wanted    (Posted Sun, Jan 6 '13 at 08:47 UTC)

You don't need to line up people before buying land to be an incubator. The essential element is the human. For instance, on our farm, I teach volunteers how to work efficiently, how to understand the soil paradigm, how to improve soil, etc. This enables them to apply the concepts to their own life. Some may just garden in the backyard. Some may go on to manage food bank farms or other social endeavors. They all get something out of it.

In the macro sense, we need to set up ways of doing things (I don't usually use " a system" since the word is so over-hyped nowadays) that will be ready when industrial agriculture implodes due to rising fuel/fertilizer prices. This takes trained people. Once again, the human element is the most important. Perhaps you should purchase the land first and then advertize for people second.

Catering to the unique Ferndale perspective.