Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 5 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Giant rosemary bush
Click to reply to this message
  catscanman
  KINGSPORT
Giant rosemary bush    (Posted Fri, Sep 6 '13 at 06:09 UTC)

I had a rosemary bush that was 6 ft. long, 3ft wide and 3 ft. tall. A van recently ran off the road and into my yard and completely destroyed it after 11 years. I need to find out the worth of it for insurance purposes. Any ideas?

rosysage
 Delmar
Re: Giant rosemary bush    (Posted Fri, Sep 6 '13 at 09:35 UTC)

You certainly could not buy one that size I would look at the cost of a shrub or tree of the same age/ size for a comparative price . I would say several hundred $ plus the cost of planting .

Sharon Carson
 catscanman
 KINGSPORT
Re: Giant rosemary bush    (Posted Sun, Sep 8 '13 at 12:26 UTC)

I actually got out and measured today it is or was 10 ft long. I don't want to charge the girl's insurance company any more than it's value but checking the local grocery store one ounce sells for $4.99. The whole bush weighs about fifteen pounds or more. Half price would be almost $800. That seems like a lot for a bush but if I can't find someone to give me an estimated value, do I have another choice?

rosysage
 Delmar
Re: Giant rosemary bush    (Posted Sun, Sep 8 '13 at 02:17 UTC)

You can't equate the grocery store price to your bush. A lot of people need to be paid for the journey there. A farmer gets about 10% of what retail is or 25% if you have something really special.
I was talking about what it would cost to replace a living bush . :)sharon

Sharon Carson
 mrfind
 vale
Re: Giant rosemary bush    (Posted Sat, Sep 14 '13 at 12:32 UTC)

I am an independent insurance adjuster with 30 years in business. I do not believe insurance company would have a problem with 350 for plant and another 100 for delivery and planting in your property. They will not pay for you to water it every day which is what many people ask.

JMO
Robert

catscanman
 KINGSPORT
Re: Giant rosemary bush    (Posted Sat, Sep 14 '13 at 02:39 UTC)

Thank you, that really helped.