Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 4 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Fodder System - 8 days 100 lbs!!!
Click to reply to this message
  Farm Consultant
  S. Windsor CT
Fodder System - 8 days 100 lbs!!!    (Posted Tue, Apr 12 '11 at 06:19 UTC)

Our unique hydroponic growing system is designed to rapidly produce highly nutritious fodder, with minimal cost and labor.

? Utilize the system's 8-day growing cycle to produce over 110 lbs. of high-quality, nutrient-, protein- and enzyme-rich barley fodder each day.

? A total of 16 rows of 10' long UV-stabilized, NSF-quality PVC channels, layered 4 rows high, sit on the heavy-duty growing frame.

? Fodder-Pro Feed System features an NFT recirculation system that eliminates the need for overhead watering, reducing humidity levels that may promote fungus and mold growth and greatly reduces water consumption.

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10052&storeId=10001&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=536005

Happy Growing!

Kirk

Kirk, Grower Consultant www.farmtek.com www.growerssupply.com
 crwind
 Poulsbo
Re: Fodder System - 8 days 100 lbs!!!    (Posted Fri, Jul 22 '11 at 02:58 UTC)

In other forums I've seen much interest but little information, in fact, no information from anyone actually using such a system. (Even from down under, where this originated?) To start with, how much seed (of what sort, at what cost) is necessary to get the quoted 100 pounds of fodder?

>Our unique hydroponic growing system is designed
>to rapidly produce highly nutritious fodder,
>with minimal cost and labor.

Clifford R. Wind Abundantly Green/Holt Ranch
 Farm Consultant
 S. Windsor CT
Re: Fodder System - 8 days 100 lbs!!!    (Posted Fri, Jul 22 '11 at 05:24 UTC)

Morning Cliff,

Thanks for the reply...seems you haven?t had the chance to view the web page I provided where we have instructions and data to support our information.

We have been in business since 1979 and are just tapping into the Fodder Market. You are correct the current companies that sell fodder systems as you know are huge mega systems that cost tens of thousands of dollars, so we are looking to simplify and make fodder available to the consumer based farms with smaller budgets. I can send you many client photos, and speak to a few if you like...

Please feel free to ask any questions, we have Dairy, Hog, Equine, and Poultry experts who work for the company. Lastly we are offering a free webinar so your timing is excellent. Please join us!

Seed to Feed in Eight Days ? FarmTek Presents the Fodder Pro-Feed System

Join FarmTek for a free 30 minute webinar on August 3rd at 2:00 PM ET to learn about the Fodder Pro-Feed System, which allows you to produce affordable and hydroponically grown organic fodder. Abigail Tobey, one of our National Account Managers, will show how this system can save your operation energy and feed costs, how it can supply your livestock with highly palatable and nutritional fodder, and provide tips on how to best incorporate this system into your business. Space is limited for this session, so reserve your spot now!

The link to register for the webinar (if any customers are interested) is the following:

https://clearspan.webex.com/clearspan/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=667825159

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kirk, Grower Consultant www.farmtek.com www.growerssupply.com
 Prime Valley
 Cutler
Re: Fodder System - 8 days 100 lbs!!!    (Posted Tue, Aug 7 '12 at 08:37 UTC)

Hi Kirk,

We certainly would be interested in contact information of people currently using the FarmTek system. Preferably in the midwest (we are in Indiana). We are interested in the system, but cannot find anyone that is currently using it in real production.

Thank you!

Pine ridge
 shaver lake
Re: Fodder System - 8 days 100 lbs!!!    (Posted Tue, Oct 2 '12 at 02:51 UTC)

Have a question regarding the Fodder system, I want to use the system to raise hogs for FFA project for my son.I wanted to know if in the winter where I live, if having the fodder system in our basement would be a bad idea, as far as the moisture from the water in the grow trays causing mold on the basement wood ceiling.The basement stays at 55 degrees in the winter and has south windows where the sun shines. Next question, can fodder be the only food for the hogs I was wanting to cut out buying hog feed from the livestock store and only buy seed for the fodder system only.

Tim McGee