Not logged in, login or create an account

There are 3 replies To this message.

Author Topic: Bison Meat--better than cow?
Click to reply to this message
  A Daily Apple
  San Francisco, CA
Bison Meat--better than cow?    (Posted Thu, Dec 29 '11 at 01:38 UTC)

Bison is an excellent red meat source: it is low in fat, high in protein, and rich in flavor. Research has shown that bison is a highly nutrient-dense food because of the proportion of protein, fat, minerals and fatty acids to its caloric value.

Although at one time the bison population faced dangerously low numbers, they have repopulated many regions of North America and are no longer considered endangered. An advantage of buying bison meat, as opposed to cow meat, is that nearly all bison are free-range and grass-fed, ensuring the quality and tastiness of the meat. One of the most popular ways to prepare bison is as a burger; let me know if you'd like recipes or check out http://www.adailyapple.com/food/Meats/Bison

Sure beats going to the doctor.
 Herb Garden
 Berwyn, IL
Re: Bison Meat--better than cow?    (Posted Tue, Apr 17 '12 at 09:23 UTC)

My In-laws live in Missouri, we bought the ground bison, we also buy a half a cow. I loved the bison best burgers I've ever had.

Carleen Villasenor
 ColdSpringFarm
 Rolla
Re: Bison Meat--better than cow?    (Posted Wed, May 8 '13 at 02:48 UTC)

We love bison meat in our house. The texture is so much more consistent than beef and there is almost no fat. Besides the excellent burgers and steaks, things like taco meat and meat loaf can be made with virtually no greasy residue. You can really see how healthy it is when you cook it up. The flavor to me is a bit sweet as well. Beef just tastes bitter to me in comparison.

ColdSpringFarm
 ColdSpringFarm
 Rolla
Re: Bison Meat--better than cow?    (Posted Wed, May 8 '13 at 02:48 UTC)

We love bison meat in our house. The texture is so much more consistent than beef and there is almost no fat. Besides the excellent burgers and steaks, things like taco meat and meat loaf can be made with virtually no greasy residue. You can really see how healthy it is when you cook it up. The flavor to me is a bit sweet as well. Beef just tastes bitter to me in comparison. oursustainablefarm.com

ColdSpringFarm